Arts - Entertainment - Business - Economy
Education - Employment - Government - Health
Many people are looking for ways to lose weight and stay healthy. From Woman's World to health books, there are many ways to stay healthy and finding a solution to lose weight. Here it is! A new health plan to lose weight and stay healthy. How? Building up the immune system to eating the healthy way with no diet pills!
This comprehensive new book, Agricultural Health and Safety, provides extensive coverage of issues arising in the interrelated fields of health, agriculture, and the environment. The significance of this book is a direct result of the increasing number of health and safety issues in agriculture and its associated industries. It contains sections written by experts, and includes papers presented at the Third International Symposium for Issues in Health, Agriculture and the Environment.
Topics include lung disease in farmers, respiratory effects of long-term exposure to grain dust and air contaminants, respiratory hazards of pork producers, occupational asthma, allergic disorders in plant growers, allergic rhinitis in farmers, respiratory effects of inhaled endotoxins, organic dust toxic syndrome, cancer risks, hazards of pesticides, neurological risks, work-related accidents, prevention and safe practice, sustainable farming systems, and more. In all cases, the issues are broadly integrated with those of the environment.
No other book presents such a broad perspective of the field.
Ebersole & Hess' Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging is the only gerontological nursing text that follows a wellness-based, holistic approach to older adult care. Designed to facilitate healthy aging regardless of the situation or disease process, this text goes beyond simply tracking recommended treatments to address complications, alleviate discomfort, and help older adults lead healthy lives. Featuring evidence-based practice boxes, safety alerts, expanded tables, and careful attention to age, gender, and cultural differences, Ebersole & Hess' Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging is the most complete text on the market.
- Focus on health and wellness helps you gain an understanding of the patient's experience.
- AACN and the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing core competencies integrated throughout.
- Consistent chapter organization and pedagogy, including Learning Objectives, Glossary, andResearch and Study Questions/Activities.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize research findings that confirm effective practices or identify practices with unknown, ineffective, or harmful effects.
- Careful attention to age, cultural, and gender differences helps you understand these important considerations in caring for older adults
- Expanded tables, boxes, and forms, including the latest scales and guidelines for proper health assessment make information easy to find and use.
- Activities and discussion questions at the end of every chapter equip you with the information you need to assess the patient.
- UPDATED! Healthy People 2020 boxes integrate information about healthy aging.
- NEW! Safety Alerts highlight safe practices and quality of care QSEN competencies.
- NEW! Chapter on Neurologic Compromise expands content on stroke and Parkinson's disease.
Business Directory Articles
Business Directory Books